Everyone knows the credit card number on the front of the credit card. There is also the credit card check digit on the back, which is also known as the security code. You can find out what this is all about and what there is to discover about credit cards here. an elucidation on regbiomed.com
The credit card number generator
Have you ever heard of a credit card collection generator? This may sound strange at first but is particularly interesting for people who want to experiment a little with card numbers without using real data. There are now several ways to pay with credit card security.
But that does not mean that there are still no opportunities for improvement here. With the help of an online generator, it is possible to put together credit card numbers that are similar in structure to the real cards. However, these are not real card numbers. In principle, such a generator is one thing above all: an amusing toy.
When using, you can select the type of credit card for which a number should be generated. Is it a VISA or is it an American Express? The number can then be generated with a simple click. The good thing about the generator is that different credit card numbers can be created here, but they cannot be used. Because to be able to shop online with a credit card, you need significantly more than a credit card number. The validity and the check digit are also queried here. The generator makes it easy to create many different fictitious credit card numbers.
Such a generator is particularly interesting if you are generally interested in the structure of the card number or are perhaps even looking to make the credit card even more secure. You may also simply want to create sample numbers that you can include on your website. Of course, if you’re lucky, you can just string a few numbers together. However, the generator is based on the correct structure of the credit card of the respective issuer.
The structure of the credit card number
The structure of the card is definitely interesting for everyone who decides on the card number for the credit card. Contrary to what it may seem, the credit card number is not an arbitrary number, but a code that contains important information.
The number of the card type can be taken, as can the issuer of the card, the check digit and the account number of the credit card account. The composition of the credit card number works according to a scheme:
- The first four digits indicate the issuer of the credit card.
- The 5th digit on the credit card indicates what type of card it is.
- The 6th digit indicates whether a normal credit card, a partner card, a company card or perhaps a second card is available.
- This is followed by nine more digits. This is the account number of the credit card account.
- The last number of the credit card number is the check digit. With this number, it is possible to check whether the credit card number is correct in this version.
Good to know: Not all credit cards have a number of the same length. This may vary depending on the credit card manufacturer or issuer.
For example, there is the American Express with 15 digits, the VISA with 13 digits or the MasterCard with 16 digits. So if you want to know how the credit card number is composed, you have to look at the issuer.
Can check your own credit card number
Have you always wanted to know whether your credit card number is actually correct? Of course, you can go to the trouble and use a complicated formula. However, it is better if you simply use a practical examiner. An algorithm is required to carry out the test. Of course, you can simply enter the card number in the examiner and carry out the test. Perhaps you would also like to understand what exactly is behind the algorithm.
The Luhn algorithm is used, which is used for the test. It’s not that difficult to understand how this works:
- The credit card number is checked from the second digit from behind. Every second digit is then doubled in value.
- Now the cross sums of the individual numbers are taken. It is important to know that the cross-sum must be formed again for double-digit numbers.
- Now it comes to the calculation of module 10. This is probably the most difficult part for people who have had nothing to do with it before. At this point the next smaller multiple is calculated, which can be seen for the cross sum of 10.
- Now the last part is due. Now the modulo 10 is finally subtracted from the number 10. If the credit card number is correct, the result is now the check digit.
The credit card number can also be calculated yourself, which does not necessarily require an auditor. However, it is much easier and faster to test the accuracy of the credit card number through the verifier. In any case, it is an interesting way to deal with your own credit card number.
Why should I check my credit card number? If your credit card works well with every payment, you don’t actually need to check it. But it can also be simply interesting to carry out the check based on the algorithm and thus learn more about how the credit card works.